Friday, June 10, 2011

Talent Show Disaster

     I'm back! I think I really like blogging because I've posted everyday since I started posting. Well, I don't really know if that's a good thing or a bad thing because I might run out of things to tell you pretty soon.
     Well for my next story, I will tell you of a crazy time in my history when I was embarrassed and wild. Okay, I might be exaggerating on the wild part but my hair was!
     This was a time when I dyed my hair a burgundy maroon color. I happened to like it, but the talent show was coming up, and people kept saying to my parents that they shouldn't have dumped chemicals in my hair. So, they decided I should dye it back to my original color.
     My original color was a very dark blonde and was very close to brown. So we had to dye my hair two times and one time we used hair dye remover.
      We had just used that hair dye remover and it made my hair a bright orange. I hated it. I just wanted my maroonish hair or my normal hair, and nothing in between. So yes, my orange hair made me look like a clown.
     It doesn't help that the time we un-dyed my hair two nights before the talent show.
     Okay, to describe what the talent show was for me and what people did, I'm going to tell you all about it.
     This was when I was in fourth grade and I was doing a duet with my friend Mikayla and we were singing Complicated by Avril Lavine. To do the performance right, we were going to get her aunt, who is an artist, to do our make up and paint stars on our face and legs. When we were all done we looked very, ummm, star-ish.
     We had a white short sleeved shirt with a vest sowed on to it and on the shirt was a rose that was partially covered by the vest, that was black. We also had on capri pants that were black and not made of denim. We had knee socks and black normal socks on each foot. ( Like I had one knee sock and one black sock and she the same) and the knee sock was pink. We also had black boots on and a black hat on too. On our right cheeks and right mid-calves/shins were pink sparkly stars with a black out line. We looked pretty cool actually.
     The only mess up on me was my clown orange hair. Because of it, it pretty much ruined my look.
     So here comes the horribleness. We walked on stage and everyone cheered and was all happy and stuff. My parents took out their really nice camera and started shooting a video. So we performed and I thought we were awesome, and so did every one else. So we got off stage and sat down at our assigned spots and watched the rest of the show and we all had fun.
     But then we went to go see our parents at the end of the program and they told me that for some reason, they could not hear me singing and they thought my mic was turned off or something. I was very unhappy when I watched the video they took of me and my friend. She was fine and you could hear her. She also didn't look like clown because her hair was normal.
     Me, on the other hand looked and sounded like a mute clown. It was embarrassing, upsetting, and not really fair because the next group that came on used that mic and it worked for them. I did not go home happy that night.
     But now, I still am glad me and her got to sing that duet together because she knew perfectly well I was singing and nobody could hear me because I was mouthing anything or wasn't singing, and people still knew I was singing so at least the night didn't go all bad.
     So over all, even though I was the equivalence of a mute clown, I was still happy. I guess.


The End

1 comment:

  1. Don't be concerned about running out of stuff to write. Knowing you, you won't.

    Of course, if you do, you could always post a series of letters between Yuki and Ulrica...

    ReplyDelete

Locations of Site Visitors